CSDP Commends Aregbesola’s Commitment To Its Project In Osun

CSDP Commends Aregbesola’s Commitment To Its Project In Osun

Osun state governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola has been commended for his commitment to the execution of Community and Social Development Projects (CSDP) across the state despite paucity of fund.

CSDP General Manager in the State, Mrs Funmi Aderonke Abokede gave the commendation in Osogbo Thursday at the training of desk officers from local government areas and local government development areas on participatory community development plan: monitoring, evaluation and implementation

Mrs Abokede noted that the prompt release of N700M counterpart funding by governor Aregbesola assisted tremendously in the implementation of three hundred and eighty-six projects (386) across the state.

According to Abokede, the prompt release of the fund informed the implementation of over N2billion projects cutting across various sectors in the state.

Her words: “I must emphasis the support of the state governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola for his commitment, the N700M which he has contributed has enabled the communities in the state of Osun to get the funding, and today, we have 386 projects spread across the state cutting across various sectors and this has readily gone a long way to meet the needs of the people”

Explaining the operation of CSDP, Abokede said: “The idea behind the CSDP is community participation, as such community which desires the project will pay 10 per cent counterpart fund, while the state government through the CSDP pays the remaining 90 per cent for the cost of the project. The revenue from the government is subsequently sourced from the World Bank and is paid in stages within a certain period of time”.

On the rationale behind the training programme, the CSDP boss said: “the training programme is aimed at building capacity of the desk officers at the local government and local government development areas on community development driven development. in which they will be able to know that there is paradigm shift in development now.

“Because they are closer to the people, they need to know the importance of the CDD approach where the communities themselves identify their needs and take part in project implementation from conceptualization to planning, implementation and even completion”

She urged participants to take advantage of the training programme to further enhance their performance on the field.

 

0 Comments

Leave a Comment

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password